Thursday, November 18, 2010

Being Grateful

Just taking a moment to be grateful as Thanksgiving is approaching....
I remember back in the day when I didn't feel like I had much to be thankful for and this friend of mine said, "I can always think of something, hell...I am upright and sucking air!".  After years of practice, and the helpful reminder of Thanksgiving and making November a month to focus on being grateful.  Since...it can get pretty hard to feel good when it gets dark early....
So what are some of the things I have to be grateful for?
My family and friends...
My son who is a caring, kind, and loving person.
A place to live, food to eat,  a vehicle to drive.
Music, Music, and more Music.

And, as the end of the fall quarter approaches I am particularly grateful to have the ability to teach yoga and to practice yoga.  I am grateful for all the yoga students who have been in my classes...  When they show up and just practice the simple practice of yoga with me, it is beyond words the gratitude I have for their presence and curiosity:)

2 comments: