Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Welcome:)

Hi everyone,  I read this great new book called, "Marketing Lessons From the Grateful Dead".  It talks about connecting with people through a blog source.  So, I am connecting with you now.  I feel much like the Grateful Dead in my style as a yoga teacher, because each yoga class that people attend is a little different from the one before.  I try to be an ordinary person, just like the Dead did, and I make mistakes and my students don't seem to mind.  My students come to class with all different kinds of intentions for yoga, but mainly to connect with other members of the community through yoga and relax...much like an art form, or like music....it is energy shared among community members.  So, when people come to my class, they are making yoga together,  and feeling better in their bodies when they leave.   The notes are the same for each class, but they are jumbled around a little, just like a good jam band show...depending on the energy of who shows up.  And, I might have a class that some folks might think is a dud one day, and then a fantastic adventure with the body the next.  It is all up to the intention of my students and what they want to create for themselves.  I just show up, create space, and share yoga with my students.  Just like a good Dead concert, people help create the experience. 

Right now I teach my clasees at Gallery One in Ellensburg, and Raw Space in Ellensburg.  One is a community ARt Gallery and the other is a performing arts venue.  It is important to have the place I teach be open to supporting creativity and the experience of sacred movement for all of my students.
Oh, and last but not least, I teach at Ashley and Lydia Rowan's studio.  They are the nicest, most kindest, most wonderful yoga folks...you must meet them sometime:)

So, I am getting tired of typing right now, but I will be blogging to you all....students or non-students.
And, for my students, thank you allowing me to give and for allowing me to receive support from you all.  Whether that be just showing up to class and saying hi, or sharing a little about your story and your journey.  I am very honored in allowing you the dignity of your own process of light and love through yoga in this life....Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment